Address: Room 106, Building B, the Food Industries Research Institute, 301 Nguyen Trai Street, Thanh Xuan Trung Ward, Thanh Xuan District, Hanoi.
Telephone: 04 38583983
Deputy Head of Department: Ms. Tran Thi My Linh
Cell phone: 0936160000
Function and Tasks:
- Provide consultancy to the leaders of FIRI on scientific and technological studies, programs and projects, cooperate and support research departments during their implementing scientific projects and organize summative evaluation meetings to give official acceptance to projects and studies when completed, manage and build data for subjects and projects;
- Make contribution to managing, coordinating and organizing conferences & workshops within the framework of international programs and projects under the FIRI leaders’ leadership, develop & explode the regional and global scientific network, manage data & report the results of implementing international projects;
- Manage data and provide doctoral training for candidates in the annual training plan of the FIRI;
- Organize scientific & technological activities as well as information activities including building a database, organizing the information network, and work as a contact agency for international information cooperation in the field of food technology, providing information in such forms as publications, seminars, scientific workshops, product advertisements;
- Provide consultancy, implement and evaluate projects related to food quality management;
Manage scientific and technological tasks
- The Research Planning and International Cooperation Department is entrusted with the task of managing all FIRI’s scientific and technological activities, & making close coordination with other administrative departments to guiding, inspecting and supervising scientific departments/ centers’ implementation of scientific contents and transfer of technology;
- Make annual reports, sum up FIRI’s achievements each five years and make annual & five-year plans, meet the needs of the host ministry;
- Coordinate effectively with other administrative departments to fulfill scientific technological contracts, to complete acceptance procedures & documents for subjects and projects;
- Make contribution to building, coordinating, managing and implementing the Project for Strengthening FIRI financed by Japan’s International Cooperation Agency (2002-2007);
- Join the project “Women Entrepreneurship Program, Phase II- Food component” sponsored by the United Nations Industrial Development Organization (2005-2006);
- Take part in developing Guidelines for Confectionary Clean Production within the framework of Vietnam- Denmark Development Cooperation in the Environment (2011);
Post graduate training
- Since 1998, the Food Industries Research Institute has conducted 14 doctor-training courses. Up to now, 12 postgraduate students have completed their courses and become key people in the Food Industries Research Institute and other agencies.
- The Department has completed all admission procedures for doctoral training. The Department also organizes research outline-defending meetings, and symposia on special subjects and doctoral thesis-defending meetings for doctoral students; 14 doctoral candidates have received a doctoral degree issued by the Ministry of Education & Training.
Provide information and database for FIRI’s scientific researches
- Manage the websites firi.vn of the Food Industries Research Institute;
- Take part in editing the FIRI’s scientific summary records;
- Provide the database of the FIRI’s scientific research studies;